We believe sustainable fashion comes from a slower, smaller production process using already existing materials when possible.
Our goal is to create unique, intentional, and curated pieces to help evolve our conscious relationship with fashion and style.
Fashion is one of the least sustainable and most pollution-dependent industries in the world.
- In just one year, the fashion industry accounts for 10% of all global carbon emissions, which is more than all international flights and sea shipments combined.
- Not convinced yet? The fashion industry also dumps half a million tons of plastic microfibers into our oceans every year. That amount of plastic is equivalent to 50 billion plastic bottles being dropped into our oceans annually.
- The incinerators and landfills, where the majority of discarded clothing ends up around the globe, are killing the environment and there's no end in sight - retailers continue to mass-produce waaay more items necessary, leading to tons of waste.
So how can we minimize the waste associated with fashion?
- One effective practice is to produce upcycled designs from discarded clothing. Luckily, over 90% of all discarded clothing around the globe could go on to have a second life.
- We aim to take advantage of this fact by picking up those high-quality discarded products before they get to a landfill, decorating them with unique designs, and giving them a second life.
- We believe in meaningful small-batch production, intuitive creation, shameless authenticity and community-oriented innovation.
Thank you for shopping wildflower wurld - you're supporting a woman-owned + opperated, local small business and we are so grateful for you (: